New Haven Resources
Harm Reduction Resources
Community Health Care Van (CHCV):
- Mobile medical clinic including HIV/Hep C testing, syringe exchange and other harm reduction services.
- Office: 270 Congress Ave. (M-F 9-3:30pm), 203-764-9995
- Van Schedule:
- Legion and Sherman near Ella T. Grasso Blvd. (M, W, F; 9am-12pm, 1pm-4pm)
- Chapel Street Park in Fair Haven (Tu, Th; 9am-12pm, 1pm-4pm)
Sex Workers & Allies Network (SWAN):
- A mobile harm reduction syringe service provider; materials include safer sex kits, naloxone, fentanyl test strips, syringes exchange, safer smoking supplies, survival and hygiene supplies.
- Call 203-935-5701 for the latest updates on van location, or click here for more info.
New Haven Syringe Exchange
- Contact Rolo Jr. at (203) 823-0743 for their schedule or for home syringe service delivery and/or disposal pick-up.
Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen (DESK)
Open Sunday through Thursday 5pm, Food pantry Wednesday 2-3pm. Click here for more information.
Search here to find a buprenorphine prescriber:
Treatment Practitioner Locator
BH Care – outpatient treatment, peer support, medication treatment
Fair Haven Clinic
Call 203-777-7411 to schedule an appointment: Click here to learn more on their website: Fair Haven Services
Cornell Scott Hill Health Center
Call 203-503-3000 to make an appointment, or learn more on their website: Cornell Scott Health
Nathan Smith Clinic
Provides HIV and addiction medicine services. Call to schedule an appointment at 203-688-5303. Learn more on their website: Nathan Smith Clinic
Walk-in intakes at 1 Long Wharf Monday-Friday 8:30-11 (excludes holidays). Learn More on their website: APT Foundation
Intensive Outpatient Programs
Located at 1 Long Wharf. Walk into Access Center to ask about enrollment or schedule here.
Yale Psychiatric Services Dual Diagnosis Program
For patients with psychiatric diagnosis and substance use disorder. Four hours per day 4x/week. Requires referral from a clinician. Call 203-688-3182 for more information.
Midwestern Connecticut Council of Alcoholism, Inc. (MCCA)
Options include day program M/W/Th, or evening IOP program (including program for Spanish speakers).
Multicultural Ambulatory Addiction Services (MAAS)
M/W/F from 9am-12pm, has babysitting on-site for dependent children under school age. Includes psychiatric evaluation and follow-up, Latino Behavioral Health Services access, other recovery services and groups. Located at 246 East Street, New Haven. Call 203-495-7710 for more info.
Cornell Scott Hill Health Center (CSHHC)
Grant Street Partnership IOP in West Haven. Also offers medication treatment. Call (203) 503-3000 for more info or visit cornellscott.org
Offers 3 half days per week program. Located at 501 Lombard St, New Haven. Call 203-787-2207 for more info and learn more on their website at ccaoh.org