Tips for Safer Snorting
- Use sterile straws or clean hands for snorting.
- Crush the drug you plan to snort into a fine powder.
- To avoid infection, do not share snorting equipment. Avoid using rolled-up bills, pens, keys, or other unsanitized items to snort. They may have germs on them that can make you sick and could increase your risk of Hepatitis C (HCV) and cause permanent damage to your nose.
- Alternate the nostril you are using to snort.
- Rinsing your nose before and after snorting can help decrease irritation or damage to your nostrils. Using saline spray, sinus rinse, or Vaseline can also aid healing.